The thousands of children who begin ballet instruction every year (and the many who think they might like to) will love this wonderful introduction to ballet, with 42 fun pictures to color.
The exceptionally clear illustrations — all presented in proper sequence — clearly depict everything that goes on in a beginner's class, from lacing up the ballet shoe to executing the perfect arabesque.
Among the topics illustrated and described are proper posture, the importance of warm-up and stretching exercises, foot positions, and arm movements. Most importantly, dozens of basic ballet steps are shown in sequenced drawings. The accompanying text by ballet instructor Caroline Denzler provides detailed, precise, yet easy-to-follow instructions on every step and movement, as well as general information and advice that will enlighten and inspire young ballet stars of the future. A useful teaching tool!
- Author/Editor: John Green, Caroline Denzler
- 4 paper dolls with 32 costumes
- Book Dimensions: 8-1/4" x 11"
- Grade level: Preschool - 8 (ages 3 - 14)
- 48 Pages, Paperbound
- Note: The retail prices are marked on the back of these books but these books are nice enough that you could re-sell them at a fundraiser for more than retail if needed.